|David Downton Interviews His Famous Subjects
vogue.co.uk 29 May 2013
What defines your personal style?
Embracing the masculine side of my nature.
2. Who are you most grateful to and why?
My parents obviously, but after that Jose Fonseca. She took me on at
Models 1 nearly 30 years ago and changed my life.
3. Clever, beautiful or rich?
Clever. You can always work on the other two, and they are overrated
4. What was the last exhibition/play/film you saw?
The Light Show at the Hayward Gallery, it was fun, so beautiful,
and very inclusive.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Somewhere between a racing driver, a musician or a shoe maker.
6. Name someone you wish you’d met
7. Beauty is?
8. Describe yourself in three words
It would take me too long - I am the world's biggest procrastinator.
9. What painting, sculpture or other work of art would you most like to
Well that changes all the time! Although I am going through a bit of a
Gainsborough phase. A teardrop Talbot Lago car wouldn't go amiss either
- can I have both?
10. What’s your worst displacement activity?
I love the Humdrum and the Glamrock in equal measures, but emails will
kill me, sent by 666!
11. What do you never leave home without?
A sense of humour and my passport, just in case my sense of humour
12. Afternoon tea or cocktails?
Cocktails disguised as afternoon tea - so naughty.
13. What is most valuable to you?
My family and my freedom.
14. Share a guilty pleasure
Watching Holby City on a Tuesday evening.
15. Who was your greatest influence?
I have always asked myself: "Would Audrey do that?" And quite often she
may not. I have never really been influenced by anyone. I'm open to all
suggestions but keep my own counsel.
16. What’s your secret skill?
17. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
18. What is your greatest fear?
19. What would your karaoke song be?
We Are Family by Sister Sledge.
20. When was the last time you said I love you?
I say it every day. It's very overused in our household, but meant.
21. Midnight or dawn?
I tend to do both, but dawn is the special one.
22. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Live in the moment you dozy bitch! And, you're a long time dead.